Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Greatest Man I Have Ever Known

One day after many frustrating dates and relationships I made a promise that I would seek out guys who had the following three qualities; 1) Loves and treats his mother well, 2) His family thinks the world of him, 3) He reaches out and helps his family and friends.

Not long after realizing what I was looking for, I met Dave. We talked for about 3 weeks and then went out to dinner. We talked about his dreams of opening up his own movie theater and ways we could revolutionize the movie theater experience. We both love movies. It is one of the bigger things we have in common. One of the coolest thing about going to a movie with Dave is that he believes in purchasing stuff at the concession stand. I love it! It really does make the experience better. We'll order pizza and cookies and share a soda. Another thing we have in common, we both love Iggy's Sports Grill and Texas Road House.

Dave is one of the most compassionate, talented and loving people I have ever known. He is so helpful and he is a great handy man. There are tons of things I have witnessed him do. Repair tires in the rain, make the best spaghetti in all the world, change babies diapers, reconstruct the headlights of my 1991 Buick Century, spackle holes in my wall, shampoo carpets, clean cat boxes, and even baby me when I am sick. He even stayed with me one day after a space heater fell three feet and landed on my head, (the cat knocked it off the shelf). He wouldn't let me go to sleep because he was afraid I had a concussion. He took two days off work just to be near me and to make sure I was ok. I was ok, except for a big goose egg on my head and I was a little disoriented for about 3 or 4 days.

I keep telling him (and my mom too!) that I love him because he is a better person than I am. I love you Dave and I would shout it from every mountain if I could!